🇮🇹 July 4 - July 6, 2018 🇮🇹
- Weather - ☀️Italy is HOT. HOT. HOT.
- Friendly People - 🙋🏻♀️ The locals were ok. We get AirBnb's far from tourist stuff to get a feel for real life when we travel. For the most part, Italians seemed annoyed at Americans. Can't say I blame them, but still.
- LGBT Friendly - 👩❤️💋👩 Italian law isn't friendly, but we experienced no discrimination.
- Vegetarian Friendly - 🍷🍝Allll the pasta. Everyone is always so excited for food in Italy, and maybe the vegetarian thing held us back from experiencing this life-changing culinary experience. The food was good, but my homemade pasta sauce is so much better.
- Dog Friendly - 🐾 No. The only way to get around this town is by foot or canal. No cars, no bikes. While those things don't say much about dogs, we also saw no parks or patches of grass for that matter.
- Cost Friendly - 💸 The currency here is Euros. While we were there the exchange was $1 = .75 Euro. So for us it was a little pricey and they definitely inflate the prices for touristy things. Additionally, the AirBnb's and hotels charge a tourist tax. This was something new for us, but I think it's smart.
- Transportation - 👣🚢 Water taxis and walking. That's it. We thought we had packed lightly but the wooden clogs in our bags from Holland proved us otherwise. Did we mention how hot it was?
- Thing we didn't get to that we wanted to do - 🌳 Gardens. Apparently all the gardens are gated and close early. This was upsetting.
- Favorite Moment - 🛶 We rode a gondola through the canals and were serenaded. It was something out of a movie.
- Will we come back? - 🛫 I would be willing to give it another shot if it was all expenses paid. Otherwise I kind of feel like we saw it and can move on.
- Would we live here? - 📍No. As beautiful and quaint as Venice was, it was also not nearly modern enough for us. I couldn't understand what they would even do in the event of an emergency because you can't fit any emergency vehicles anywhere. I appreciate how happy everyone is living the simple life there, but we are just too American, I guess.