🇳🇱 June 29 - July 4, 2018 🇳🇱
- Weather - ☀️🍃 The most beautiful and breezy place we have ever been. At first we freaked out because there were no air conditioners, but we quickly realized why- it's unnecessary! The weather here was phenomenal and it made us so grateful that we had extra long days. There was sunlight till after 11pm!
- Friendly People - 🙋🏻♀️ Everyone here was so nice and chill. The whole place has a very live-and-let-live vibe, which I appreciate very much. Being here really made us realize how uptight Americans are about everything.
- LGBT Friendly - 👩❤️💋👩 See above. Love wins.
- Vegetarian Friendly - 🥑 Yes. It was not hard to find food for us here at all. AND they have these little individual muddlers that they give you when you order lime or lemon with your water that I LOVED and wish we did here.
- Dog Friendly - 🐾 Surprisingly yes, there were lots of dogs. I say surprisingly because I didn't see a whole lot of yard space. I would say you could pull off a small dog or two per household (if in the city) but no big dogs.
- Cost Friendly - 💸 The currency here is Euros. While we were there the exchange was $1 = .75 Euro. So for us it was a little pricey but nothing outrageous. Cost of living was just slightly higher than the American average, but about the same for Texas.
- Transportation - 🛵 Primary mode of transportation here is bike, scooter or train. There are cars but with the narrow streets cars aren't the smartest way to get around. We played it safe and walked most places that we couldn't get by train.
- Thing we didn't get to that we wanted to do - 🎨 The Moco Museum. We chose the beach instead, which I do not in the least bit regret, but still, I would have liked to go.
- Favorite Moment - 🌊 Zandvoort Beach. The weather, the company, the waves- I wish I could put my finger on exactly what made it so special, but you'll just have to go see for yourself.
- Will we come back? - 🛫 We were already planning our trip back before we had left. Everything here just made so much sense.
- Would we live here? - 📍In a heartbeat. I'm already learning Dutch and sound like a sims character.